Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Peek into My Present

The smell of green bean casserole drifts from the oven as I type, and today it represents friends and family, comraderie, love, appreciation, and all around good times. In 15 short minutes, I'll be pulling it out of the oven and hopping into the car with the husband to drive this delicious yet simple concoction to wonderful friends who also happen to be family for dinner. We usually have dinner with them once a week, and its always one of the highlights of my week. We'll talk and laugh and play with the little kids, and the baby, who is one and the most adorable thing on earth, will run and fall over and giggle and scrunch her face up in a way I've never seen, and my heart will be completely and blessedly full.

No comments:

Post a Comment