Friday, October 15, 2010

Good Morning

Its  not quite 6 in the morning. The space heater drones on behind me, because, yeah, its actually that cold. My 18-year-old darling daughter of a cat is still getting comfy in my lap. She didn't sleep well last night; now that I feel how cold its gotten, I can only imagine that the chilly ache in her bones kept her up. My poor old baby. If she would ever wear one of those tiny dog sweaters, I'd  put it on her, so she's stay warm when I'm not here for her to cuddle up with.

The coffee is perking in the kitchen, and just the sound helps me wake up. I have the tail-end of a  bizarre science fiction movie to finish this morning, but 6 AM is just a little too early to devote myself to that. At least until I've had my coffee.

I'm watching two little angels today. Okay, okay, so one may be an angel with a pointy tail in the back, but he's four. He's just seeing what boundaries are firm and which ones he can step around. So much fun for the parents. I adore this family, so I feel blessed to be able to help out for a couple hours. Kids still like coloring books, right?

I have a cat to take to the vet; the youngest, the newest. The loudest purrer I've ever met, and I've met a lot of cats. She has so thoroughly charmed her way into the hearts of my husband and I. Such a short life so far, yet so much impact. I know she doesn't realize that she helped me get through some heavy times when she was just a bit younger, that she gave me a small light in weeks of darkness, and I'll always be grateful for her little heart for that. There may be no way to tell her, but I take care of my own, and she'll always be warm and fed and loved if I have anything to say about it.

I haven't written in this blog in stream-of-consciousness, but how do you get more present than that? So welcome to my blessed morning. Now the coffee's calling my name. I hope of fabulous day is had by all.

"Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land,
there is no other life but this."

-- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment