Sunday, October 27, 2013

28 and a Couple Weeks

A couple weeks ago, I turned 28.

It is going to be a good year.

One of the best things about my late twenties is that I'm not very insecure anymore, I know myself, and I am confident. I am figuring out what I want in life. So is my husband, and our wants and goals jive completely.

We're lucky like that. So many couples that find each other so early in life (we started dating when I was 17 and he was 16) find themselves torn apart when they become adults and discover that they want different kinds of lives, that their adult paths don't necessarily mesh. Instead, our separate visions blend together better and better as time goes on.

Similar to another blogger that I follow, I've begun to make a 28 at 28 list, 28 things I want to do while I'm 28. I've already checked one awesome thing of the list: Go to a dueling piano bar. It was a blast. I went with the hubby and some friends from college, and we all had such a good time. My list isn't complete yet, but it is growing.

I'm also celebrating fall to the fullest. Last night Dan and I went to Pumpkins in the Park, and I loved it! It was a total Halloween fun fest, good times for all ages. We went through a cage maze with strobe lights and lurking creepies. I'll admit, I screamed more than once. I also went on a hay bale ride for the first time; that was fun, albeit cold. The stars were SO bright and endless.

Since I wrote ages ago, I've become a middle school teacher. That's a wild ride. I think I've hit a good rhythm with it though. I'm not sure how much I'll write about that as I try to renew this blog. It is an important part of my life, but the first couple months showed me how important it is to build and embrace my life outside of teaching, so that's probably what I'll focus on here.

We live in a small city, and it seems likely we are constantly learning more about what it has to offer. Its also a good trial, since Dan would LOVE to live in a bigger city, and I've always been pretty nervous about the idea. Now I'm more than willing to embrace the possibility, and this is a good chance to experience a toned down version of that!

Maybe my favorite thing about all of the recent changes in my life that shortly preceded turning 28 is that they have spurred Dan and I to really think about all of the possibilities ahead of us and begin to narrow our focus to those that we definitely want to pursue.

And all this is the foundation on which the new jumpstart to this blog rests. I want to chronicle 28 more faithfully that I have the few years of my life, especially with this new start and all the things going on around us.

I most enthusiastically welcome you to come along with me on the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment